Saturday, November 19, 2011

11/19/2011

Sorry I was a little late on this one, I just now got home from the hospital. So after my surgery, my throat has been incredibly sore and it's hard to swallow anything. I've been trying to stick with soft foods and it's a little challenging since I am craving everything else. I haven't been at Broadmoor for the passed couple of days so I haven't cooked anything too fancy but this ma0 c& cheese i just made was unbelievable.

I used Conchigliette which is the shell like pasta. Then I made a four cheese sauce to toss the pasta in. I reduced some heavy cream with sharp white cheddar, a little bit of parmesan to strengthen it up, some cream cheese for smoothness, and my personal favorite gouda. If you haven't had smoked gouda before it tastes, of course, smokey, almost like bacon, but it's sharp like cheddar and is one of a kind. I could use gouda for almost anything with cheese. I topped the mac & cheese with cayenne (for the kick) some nutmeg, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. I toasted the top for the crisp factor, and devoured it. Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. oh my god, that just made me like 8 times more hungry lol. keep up the good cooking. and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I craved mac and cheese every day that I was pregnant! I am definitely going to make this one... yum!

    ReplyDelete